How Mass Save® Let’s You Save Tons of Green
We are all looking for ways to save money, especially when it comes to life’s most important investments—our home. If you are a resident of the Bay State, identifying energy saving opportunities just got a lot easier with the Mass Save® program.
Mass Save® facilitates a no-cost home energy assessment to the identify the home energy inefficiencies that are costing you money. Some homeowners may also be eligible to receive no-cost installations to improve energy usage and lower monthly costs.
O’Neal Plumbing & HVAC solutions is a trusted Mass Save® partner. We can take you through the process to help lower inefficiencies and improve your home’s value.
What is Mass Save®?
Eight local utilities comprise Mass Save®—Berkshire Gas, Blackstone Gas Company, Cape Light Compact, Columbia Gas, Eversource, Liberty Utilities, National Grid and Unitil.
These sponsors work in partnership with the Massachusetts Department of Energy Resources to provide energy saving programs and services, such as no-cost home energy assessments.
The best part is that you pay nothing at the point of service. Why? Your monthly utility bill already contains an itemization for this program! This means you can count on a no-cost home energy assessment to help you save.
What is a home energy assessment?
Do you live in a one-to-four-unit home in Massachusetts? If so, a Mass Save® energy sponsor can assess the energy efficiency of your home. Please note that during the inspection, there must be a key decision maker available, who is over the age of 18.
The assessment takes about two hours and is performed by an Energy Specialist.
Here is what is offered:
- A customized list of energy-saving recommendations for your home.
- A Specialist-developed plan to improve your home’s energy efficiency. You will also be given resources to help you explore rebates and incentives, should you qualify.
After you have reviewed your home’s unique energy plan with a Specialist, you will have a better understanding of how to improve your home’s energy usage and thereby lower your monthly expenses.
Have deeper questions about how your home is using energy? Check out these other services:
- Combustion safety testing. A carbon monoxide screen of your oil, natural gas, and propane appliances. We will also measure spillage and drafts.
- Infrared testing. When appropriate, a Specialist will measure your home’s surface temperatures to determine whether additional insulation is needed.
- Targeted air sealing. No cost sealing of air leaks that can make your home drafty.
What else does Mass Save® offer?
In addition to a home energy assessment, Mass Save® also offers installation of no-cost energy saving products, such as:
- Advanced power strips
- ENERGY STAR® certified LED light bulbs
- Faucet aerators
- Low-flow showerheads
- Programmable thermostats
Please note that some of products may require a second appointment to install.
What about my custom home energy report?
Home assessments and installations are great, but actionable information is also very important. This is why Mass Save® offers a free custom home energy report.
The report is individualized to address your home’s unique energy needs, and includes relevant incentives and rebates:
- Incentive for 75% off insulation improvements. Depending on income levels, you may qualify for enhanced incentives.
- Up to $3,250 of rebates for select energy efficient heating and cooling equipment, as well as water heating equipment.
You may also apply for a 0 percent HEAT Loan, which can help you finance eligible upgrades.
Ready to save?
If you are ready to improve your home’s energy efficiency, please reach out to see how we can help you save money in the long run.
Our experts work with Mass Save® to help improve home efficiencies, while giving homeowners the resources they need to maintain their most important investment.
Get in touch to see how we can help provide solutions to your energy needs.